What Is Restorative Chair Yoga?
Restorative Chair Yoga is a deliciously warm and cozy practice that opens the heart, improve your strength, flexibility, reduce stress and improves mental clarity. This gentle practice honors the mind-body connection and is perfect for the mature body. A low-impact practice that trains the body to become more resilient.
What Happens During Class?
Chair Yoga helps mature bodies stay safe and comfortable while stimulating muscles and joints. Those with disabilities, weight challenges, inflexibility or who just cant get on the floor. The chair replaces the yoga mat and becomes an extension of the body allowing participants to focus on connecting to the breath.
Move slowly and gently as you pay attention to your body. Chair yoga allows mature adults to move at a range of motion that is comfortable for the participant. In a sturdy chair, the instructor will lead you through warm up poses for heat and circulation, lower body poses using additional props, such as a strap to help with stretching, followed by a restful pose to relax and focus on breathing slowly and deeply.
Benefits of Yoga for Mature Bodies
- Reduces stress and improve mental clarity
- Supports flexibility & joint health
- Reduces depression and anxiety by changing your mood
- Sharpens and opens the mind
- Reduces anxiety & depression
- Eases high blood pressure
- Helps relieves pain and improves circulation
- Maintain healthy bone density
- Opportunity to meet people and socialize